Our technology, Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM®) electromagnetic inspection technology has been the method of choice for detecting and sizing subsea surface-breaking cracks.
Recognized and approved by many certification bodies, including DNV, ABS and Lloyds, the technique has been used successfully to supersede traditional non-computerized and more user-dependent methods, such as magnetic particle inspection (MPI). As today’s industry is looking to scale the use of auditable NDT methods to all their assets, faster, more flexible, remotely deployed inspections and better reporting capabilities are required.
Key Benefits of ACFM:
– No on-site calibration – sizing is based on a mathematical solution of the field-crack interaction
– A uniform field inducer
– A constant current field drive
– Orthogonal sensors in the Bx and Bz axes
– Ability to sample the sensors at a discrete phase relative to the field inducer
– Large inducer-surface height compared with sensors-surface height