Corrosion Mapping Phased Array UT(R-Scan Array)
Our latest UT corrosion mapping tool, Silverwing RMS Phased Array has a unique technology combination that allows inspection versatility when performing non-intrusive inspections of pressure vessels and associated pipework. To complete a thorough NII inspection, there are requirements to perform numerous advanced Ultrasonic Testing (UT) methods. In addition to corrosion mapping of the shell, the industry recommended practice is to perform Time of Flight Diffraction (ToFD) on welds, and manual phased-array for flange face and nozzle welds.
With an RMS phased-array system, operators are now able to perform the full NII inspection by a simple change of probe which covers General corrosion, Microbial Induced Corrosion, Erosion, Flaw Detection, Laminations, and Internal coating failures.
- Pressure vessels
- Ship hulls
- Horizontal storage tanks
- Tank shells and roofs
- Spheres and other critical ferrous assets.
Some of the advantages of our ultrasonic testing tools are;
- Up to 10times faster than conventional tools
- Increased Probability of Detection.
- High sensitivity for the detection of small defects/discontinuities resulting in high accuracy.
- Only one surface needs to be accessible for inspection
- High penetration regardless of the thickness of the material
- Absolute data generated which needs less interpretation